Welcome! Bloxham Church of England Primary School is a voluntary-controlled school situated at the edge of the village of Bloxham in North Oxfordshire. Our children enjoy themselves while making a positive contribution to the life of the school. We provide them with confidence and the necessary skills to equip them for the future.
Our mission statement
- Implementing “Every Child Matters”: We provide a safe and healthy environment in which children can thrive. We aim for our children to enjoy themselves to achieve their maximum potential while making a positive contribution to the life of the school. We wish to equip them with confidence and the necessary skills to ensure their future economic wellbeing.
- Excellence in Teaching: Our teachers inspire inquisitive young minds. This is done by having thorough subject knowledge alongside an understanding of how each child learns. An excellent teacher is creative and flexible. They celebrate success as well as being able to identify improvements that can be made and make them. Excellent teachers have an enthusiasm and passion for learning.
- Ensuring a varied and inspiring curriculum: This will stimulate an intellectual curiosity and appetite for learning while developing those skills children need to become independent lifelong learners. Every child should be able to experience success and enjoy acquiring skills and knowledge
- Working in partnership with families and the community: At Bloxham Primary School we acknowledge the vital partnership between home and school if the children are to benefit from the best education. This partnership underpins everything that we do and believe
- Taking pride in ourselves and our school: We are extremely proud to share our achievements with all in the school and wider community. As a church school we embrace Christian values alongside other faiths. We promote every individual’s emotional and spiritual growth as well as their social welfare. We look after each other and value positive behaviour and attitudes.
OFSTED February 2012
"Bloxham is a good and highly inclusive school that continues to place pupils’ achievement and well-being at the heart of what it does."
"The school promotes pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development well."
"Pupils enjoy learning. They are enthused by their teachers who plan exciting activities for them."
"Pupils are polite and respectful towards each other and the adults they come into contact with."